Thursday 29 June 2017

Kashmakash


Chapter 4






"Ji ! "..." Ji , Suniye " in muted tone , she tried to grab his attention..Maan's presence was just physical, his mind was some where else..Some how he paid attention toward her words.



" Geet, you need something ? " his caring words, couldn't hide his inner grief She sensed Maan was depressed, due to her condition.." You are worried about me Na ?  Please don't be sad..Main bilkul theek hu..Please ask doctor to discharge me." she tried to boast him.But didn't know actual cause.


He observed,she was mature than her age....But her etiquettes reflected innocence of her childish heart...She was sleepy under medicinal effect..Yawning heavily and brutally rubbing her eyes..A chirp of smile spread over Maan's lips " Okey, I ll try to be happy.But for now, you try to sleep." He tucked the blanket around her shoulders.


She wanted to assure Maan's presence around. Before drifting to sleep " Aap yahi raho-gay na.Mujhe darr lagta hai akele " she could barely open her heavy eye lids.


" Ya, I am here..Be a good girl, no more talking.." he sat beside her bed on chair.Stoking her hair with one and other tightly, she had tightly gripped.


Soon she was in other world..Leaving all the burdens for Maan, she had on mind.He kept on admiring her, unblinkingly for long..With her strong hold delicate girl, over his hand.A nurse tip toed entered room, and wispered near to his ear " Sir, your grand mother is awake and willing to meet you."


This news filled air around with positivity..He jumped up from chair..But unawarely pulled Geet's hand too.Maan startled, but his little lucky stars , didn't break her spell. He carefully turned her hand to bed.


He put glance over Geet, then gave a confusingly look to nurse..He promised Geet to be with her " Mr. Khuraana, she won't come out of sleep, for 3-4 hours. Don't worry about her. Aap apni grand mother se mil aaea.." he had no doubt over trustworthy staff..


Maan brushed her hair.His eyes again gone wet.Before stepping out, he looked back once, and walked toward Daddi's room. With little fear and much hope, to find her in good health..Maan twisted the handle with trembling hand.


This time, Daddi was neither on drip nor on oxygen. He sighed deeply in relief  Maan was still stuck to the threshold..Now what Daddi would demand. Like  Santa brings sack filled with gifts, to cherish kids, according to their wishes. .Maan was a person, to fulfil everyone's wish, to fill happiness in their lives.


" Betay, what are you doing there, come to Daddi ?" she guided him toward herself with feeble voice, fluttering her hand in air..


"Mere bina bolle he aapne jaan liya, that I am around you.." he stood near to her feet, rested his head down for blessings " Don't dare to snatch this right from me." he regretted..His gesture touched, at core of her heart.  She ruffled his hair lovingly " My blessings are always with you son..I need not to c, but can feel ur presence."


" I love you Daddi , I love you, please don't scare me again." he cried out bitterly, hugging her.


" Don't cry son, don't " she petted his back n wiped of his tears..Maan sat beside her..He leaned forward and rested head on bed , near to GM's shoulder..She was struggling with the words, due to weakness " Maan Betay , you both boys are your Daddi's life. Without Dev, I just have half  of it " she took a deep breath "Your one decision, won't just save me..But its fulfilment of ur moral duty towards two more lives..Dev is in coma, he ll come out of it or not.No one knows." 


Maan sit straight.He looked at Daddi gloomily " Daddi, everything will be according to your wish..Please trust me.." his heart ached, thinking what Daddi wished and what Geet hoped..In between where he stood ?


Daddi smiled mildly, hearing Maan's decision..Before attack, when Maan gave promise , it was like sudden reaction to save her.But now she was in full senses, and felt determination in his talk..


" Geet se miley aap ?"


" Ji, when sister informed me about you.. I was with her.Bahut darri hue thi, kissi apne ko paas na dekh kar..You were not in state , to be with her..It was just me for her.." he got the jitters, discussing her, tried to avoid Daddi's gaze.


" Maan ,Why you look anxious Betay ? You feel that she is unbearable and in future she ll be intolerable to you  " she covered Maan's hand with her.


" No no Daddi ?" he interrupted her " She is so innocent and naive, trusts me blindly But what I did to her n still it is going on.." he cried his heart out, wiped his dribbling tears " You know na , how big egoistic I was, confident about my capabilities..I--I--I was sure..this much sure that I could.. I could run my empire sitting...sitting in any corner of world " he shuttered..


Daddi let him bare his heart " I can make strategies in one go, plot sheets, blue  prints  are like any kid's toy..But I never thought, one day I will have to sit in the hospital corridor, and to make strategy, how to turn an unrealistic plot, into a real life story..I can write reports, bids, sign deals..But now my role has been changed to a script writer"  sarcastically he made fun of  his own destiny.


" This is life.You never lived a common man's life..So find it difficult. But common man always be a best script writer, each day for livelihood."  there is nothing to lie but an unalterable truth of life..Which Daddi uttered.


" I fulfilled my promise , knitted a false story in front of her.N that mad girl, how happy she was ? When I told her,that we got married month ago." he giggled, laughed on himself. Narrated everything to Daddi.


Daddi was amazed, a boy like Maan, how he involved his real emotions, narrating an unrealistic story ,without hurting poor girl's heart...But everything reflected Maan's caged feelings to his Daddi. He was confused in first meeting.


" Jahan takk aapne hume bataya..Geet ko abhi bhi nahi patta, apni pregnancy k baare main..?


He nodded that she didn't know.


" Maan,  according to her, you both got married 1 month back ritually..I think its not good idea, to go for traditional wedding once again..She can doubt..So Civil marriage is only option...We ll make excuse, that legal marriage document is important for passport etc in future..Don't you worry, It is not tough to make her accept this legal date..But let Geet & this world assume this married happened ritually 4-5 weeks back. Do it as soon as possible."  Daddi suggested.


"Ji Daddi, I am gonna call Addi, to come by next available flight for all arrangements. Coz he knows better. Only him I can trust."he accepted Daddi's idea without ifs and buts. " Even I don't wanna assume her as another woman in my life, like she claims me as own. Atleast if one sign can mark her, true right on me, and I can come out of a guilt that she is not another woman, then why not." even in his helplessness, Daddi could find a new Maan, who trust on relations deeply. He do before,like his love for Daddi. But his thinking was not this much mature



" Oh so my son has grown up now" she teased.


He understood, Daddi's taunted him " I have grown up or not..up to u to decide ? 


" Per Daddi , Usko kaha jhoot..Meri zindgi ka sach hai..A bitter truth, that she is my wife...Kam se kam guilt toh nahi rahega, upper waale ki nazron main hamara rishta  yaaze (lega) hoga.." he thought.



" Kahan kho gaye, kis soch main ho  " Daddi tapped over his hand.



" Daddi, in just one meet, as much as I judged her..Her love for me is pure.Have trust on a man, she never met before.I told her, she ran away from home with me, against her family's wishes. She accepted.I can't digest, how could she took ,such big decision with Dev." He didn't want to doubt her modesty, her talks were asking him to believe, that she belonged to him only.She couldn't betray him.


" But its fact.What ever happened,If you will keep on thinking, you will never move on with her." Daddi warned


" For both of you, I will MOVE ON.But for myself ? Is it possible..I have to live with a fear, what ll I do, if she regained her memory ? If Dev ll come back claming his right on Geet n baby. My soul will always curse me that I am another man in my wife's life. What will I do when she will demand all right of a wife. How will I fulfil her womanly desires? By  maintaining a distance means disrespect her feelings. Is it that much easy to accept his brother's baby as own? Might be a day will come when I will have to end up, from where I am gonna my journey called MOVE ON.."  He was in KASHMAKASH, to move on not with Geet's, sacrificing himself going against what his soul asked..Or to stay away from her to save own self from guilt.


" I know Maan you are in dilemma. But don't think much son.It will give pain only  ?"


" Kuch nahi soch raha Daddi,.Now you take rest." Maan pretended to smile " Wahi jis KASHMAKASH main hu main, wahi soch raha hu main " his heart echoed..


to be continued...so comment and like if you need next update.....last portion might be little heavy to digest..Tell me if  you feel it is confusing you..


SONIA

Tense liberties always here according to flow...

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful. That one incident showed the true facet of human life to maan. Life teaches you such lessons when start drifting away from the real world. Both maan and get are going through the kashmakash. But as dev is in coma, naturally all responsibilities must be handled by maan. He has taken the reigns in his own hand. He wants to protect get. Feet deserves his love and family security that she never got from her own people. And dadi ma understands her potaa very well.

    I really loved the way she cleared man's doubts and help him understand the need of the hour. Living and experiencing the regularities of a common man's life is really difficult for few people sometimes when you are pushed in front of the mirror of reality. I could read this from my phone. Unable to access through PC and laptop. Please fix the link for those big screens. Lovely story. Plz update soon.

    ReplyDelete